A selection of interviews and reviews filmed during the the Opening Night of The Phantom of the Opera at the Teatro Montecasino.
about the show
Having played to more than 100 million people in 149 cities around the world, this full-scale production directed by Harold Prince is arguably the most popular musical of all time.
Andrew Lloyd Webber’s sweepingly romantic score includes “Music of the Night” and “All I Ask of You”, and will be performed by a stellar South African cast. The Phantom of the Opera tells the story of a disfigured musical genius known only as 'The Phantom' who haunts the depths of the Paris Opera House…
Leigh-Ann Hunter - The CitizenArtsmart
- The Broadway production became the longest running show ever on Broadway when it overtook Cats with its 7,486th performance on 9 January 2006. It is now in its 23rd year on Broadway!
- The show is set to celebrate its 25th anniversary on London’s West End this year (Sunday, 9 October 2011) having played over 10 000 performances and still counting!
- Original cast recording was the first in British musical history to enter the charts at number one. Original cast album sales have exceeded 40 million worldwide making it the biggest selling cast album of all time.
- It is estimated that The Phantom of the Opera has been seen in 149 cities by more than 100 million people worldwide!
- The Phantom of the Opera has been produced in hundreds of cities, in more than 25 countries around the world, including UK, US, New Zealand, Japan, Austria, Canada, Sweden, Germany, Brazil, Mexico, Australia, Holland, Switzerland, Belgium, Korea, Denmark, Spain and Russia…